Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 66, Sabaneta, Dominican Republic

Chanika, Christie, Micheal, Katy


My new and last area is Sabaneta or Santiago Rodriguez as some people say. My new companion is Hermana Merrill from Utah! She is super awesome and I love her.

This week was just full of goodbyes, hugs and tears. It becomes kind of normal as a missionary to love people and then leave. It's still hard, it's hard to see the people who you love sad to see you leave. I can imagine how our Heavenly Father felt when we left our heavenly home, and I can understand that he wants us back so much!

I'm excited about Sabaneta. It is just the two of us, a small branch of 30 members and a lot of Mosquitos and Mangos. I'm excited about the mangos but not so much about the mosquitos. The missionaries were removed from this branch for a time and we are now here on probation to see if they will actually help the missionaries. So although we are starting from scratch, I'm excited to work with the members and help their friends and family.



This week I was reading in  President Gordon B Hinckley's book ¨Ways to Be¨. In the book he says, ¨You are young. You have energy. You have conviction in your heart. You have years yet to live. You have associates and friends which whom you can work. You are good. But it is not enough just to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence and the good that is in you must be spread to others.¨ I love the Prophet Hinckley and his wise words. He goes on to talk about 9 Bes. Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Involved, Be Clean, Be True, Be Positive, Be Humble, Be Still and Be Prayerful. It is my invitation, as well as the prophets invitation, to BE those 9 things. It is our time to live. It is our time to shine and it is our responsibility to BE examples of Christ to BE followers of Christ in everything we do and say. Heavenly Father is waiting for us to return to him and along the way we have things we need to do, people we need to BE good for. I love this opportunity that I have to BE and example of Christ and his church here in the DR. To help his children return to him and to see the happiness that the gospel brings. I love this gospel and I love all of you! 

I hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Bake

Partia

Familia Brito

Ada

Rosi, Rikayla, Issac

Josi, Antony

Eddy

The girls in our ward

Rikayla

Mariluz

Bernadina
Yermi, Vladmir
New Companion, Hermana Merrill




No comments:

Post a Comment