Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Week 63, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic






JULYYYYY Wow! 

It is Hot! I'm kind of dying. I dreamed about snow and going skiing the other day. It's sad ha-ha, but I still love  the DR. 

Lunes is cut my hair!!!!! 7 inches!!!!!!! It's the shortest that it has been since I was in middle school! I love it, and I'm glad. It's too hot here, and it was super blond and ugly ha-ha, it was time!

Martes we had interviews! I love interviews with president! I love talking to him and hearing his council. He asked me where I want to end my mission. I told him, "Well, I started in Bonao, went to Navarrete, and then Puerto Plata. If you look on the map I'm just going up. Puerto Plata is a beach town on the northern most part of our mission, so the only place that is farther up than that in the mission is Cuba!" Then I told him that I'm ready to pack! ahaha Later that day the office elders called me and asked me if President had asked me to extend my mission to open the mission in Cuba... Haha Sorry Mom.... I'm going to be gone a little longer.....Cuba here I come.....

After interviews we headed to Sosua to teach Carlos. He wasn't there so we talked to a member there, Juan de la Cruz. I saw a man staring at us from a little ways away. I yelled at him to come over and talk to us! He said no because he was busy playing Dominos. Then 10 minutes later he drove up on his motorcycle to talk to us. He said that he couldn't sit still and kept feeling that he needed to talk to us. His name is Hector. We talked to him and he was actually super interested in our message and told us that he wants to go to church! 

After that we taught Ivanni Brito. She is a 11 year old girl. Her dad is a member, but her mom isn't. She is super smart and has such great questions! There are a lot of signs here in Puerto Plata that say "Christ is coming soon!" I chatted with her before the lesson, and I said that I love seeing that sign everywhere. In the beginning of the lesson we were talking about our purpose as missionaries and the importance of sharing the gospel. I asked her why she thought our message was important and she said ¨Because Christ is coming soon!¨ I laughed so hard and said.. "Yes...yes he is...Cristo Viene ya!¨ 

Miercoles we contacted sooo much! I always love contacting and finding new people. We ran into a lot of Catholics. One yelled at us, "Ï'M CATHOLIC!!!! YEAHHHH CATHOLIC C-A-T-H-O-L-I-C"

We prepared Eddy for his baptism, and we had a chance to meet his older brother. We hope to start teaching him soon!

Jueves we went to Christies house and checked on her. She has been working super hard on her personal Progress and has been a super good example to the other members and her friends and family. We talked about Eddy and the other baptisms we have planned for this month. (We are excited because we have one planed every week and more baptisms from the Elders too!) Michael asked if we were planning a baptism the 24th and we said no, but we have one planned on the 22nd. Then out of no were he said, ¨Okay, I'll be baptized that day.¨ He had previously asked for a break from lessons, and asked us to stop asking him about his baptism, but we had continued to pray for him, and he has continued to come to church and read. Our prayers were answered and he decided to be baptized! Christie was so happy and Hermana Letinu and I tried not to cry! It was a happy day!

Sabado the mission office called me to asked me about which airport I want to fly home to....I told them that I still have a lot of time left and to leave me in peace! ha-ha It's crazy that they are already preparing to get rid of me :(

Besides that it was an awesome day! Eddy was baptized! His brother came to support him and he was super happy! Christie and Edwin, two youth converts, talked at his baptism and did such a great job! I'm happy for the youth in this ward and I'm grateful for their example and support of each other! I have to brag just a little because I still think that the converts are the better examples and I'm so proud of them!

After the baptism Michael asked if he could be baptized sooner than the 22nd!
Domingo, Eddy was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. Deni, Eddys brother, came to church as well as a lot of other investigators.

We had a 2.5 hours ward council meeting which was awful but we planned an open house, and I'm super excited. It's going to be such a great missionary experience.

We also visited Vladimir and Yermi that night, Vladimir continues to tease me about my English and says that his England English is better. He told the Elders that he thinks that he was my older brother in the spirit world. ha-ha

The mission is the best! I love the people that I have met, the culture that I have adopted, and I love the gospel that I have to share! I love this gospel and will continue to say that until the day I die!

I hope you're all well and that you have a great week!
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Bake









No comments:

Post a Comment