Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 62, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Hola,

Martes was a great day. We Visited Modesto and Vanessa and had an awesome lesson with them. They are both super smart, love learning, and they have the desire to be baptized. They just need to go to church!

Then we visited Carlos and set a baptism date with him. We asked him what he thought about July 8th and he said that the 9th is better! hahaa He goes to church and knows that he is ready to be baptized. I'm excited for him and excited to see how he will continue to progress in the church. He really has potential to do great things for this ward. At the end of the lesson an old investigator came up to us and asked to join us. We continued to talk to him and he said that he wants to take the lessons again! I'm excited to work with him!

Miercoles  we had another awesome lesson with Eddy. He continues to be a rock star and continues to be more excided about his baptism. That night we got a call from our leaders saying that we need to go to Santiago the next day so that my companion can go to Santo Domingo for her visa. I wasn't too happy about having to stay in Santiago and leave our area but yet there was nothing that we could do.

Jueves we left super early to go to Santiago. We got there at lunch time and met up with the other missionaries going to Santo Domingo. I got put with my trainer Hermana Sandoval and we left to go back to her area and work. It reminded me of the good old times in Bonao and it was fun to work with her again. We met a ton of new people and taught some awesome lessons. We met a little girl and her mom and friend. The little girl kept raising her hand and telling us cute little things like ¨God is real¨ ¨God loves us all¨ But my favorite thing that she said was ¨If you believe in God, nothing is impossible¨ That really struck me and I thought about that a lot. If we believe in God we don't need to worry, we don't need to fret, we don't need to be sad. Everything is possible thanks to his son Jesus Christ. God loves us and wants the best for us. We just need to remember that nothing is impossible!

Viernes we continued to contact and teach. I met an old man named Ramon who was super nice. He loves the Bible and has many verses memorized. He was just so happy and loves life. I couldn't help but just smile at him and be so happy for him as he continues to learn more about the gospel.
We also taught a contact named Esmiralda. Her brother also joined us and we had a great lesson about the restoration of the gospel. We stop for a few minutes to watch base ball as we walked past. There was a ton of young men from the united states here for a camp and was fun to talk to them. 
Our companions finally got back from Santo Domingo and we switched back and headed home. We got back at 9:00 just in time to go to bed!

It was hard to be out of our area for 2 days but I was glad to have this time with Hermana Sandoval and help her area. I'm glad for the people that I met and for the time I was able to serve in Santiago and continue to learn myself.

Sabado my companion was sick, so that meant another day without working in our area. I was pretty bummed, but I got a lot done. I had a lot of time to study and reorganize my life. I also deep cleaned the house and the area book. I looked though the old investigators who had potential and tried contacting a few to see if we could continue to teach them. 

Domingo Christina, Eddy, Carlos, Yermi and Ivanni all came to church.
They are all so awesome. They all have gone to church so many times and are all getting baptized! 

After church we ate with a family in our ward. As we were walking back I had a strong prompting to go pass a recent convert's house who didn't go to church that day. As we walked up to her door we saw her walking into the bathroom to throw up! Her little boy was there and told us to come in. Rosi was super sick and was throwing up ever 2 minutes and her little boy had an infection in his throat and a fever! Rosi said that she was praying for help and then we walked up to her house! We called the bishop and relief society president and they helped us out. I'm so grateful for the gospel and for the church and the members. They are awesome and I know that everything in the church is inspired and here to help us, children of God, return to Him one day.

Love,

Hermana Bake 

No comments:

Post a Comment