Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 61, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic






















MOM and DAD HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both and happy Fathers Day Daddy!!!!! I love you both and I am so grateful for you! You are the best parents that I could ever have. Thanks to you I am here on a mission.

Alma 29:9 and 13-16
9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

13 Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people, and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full.

14 But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi.

16 Now, when I think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy.

I love being a missionary and I love the gospel! I love seeing people find the gospel and see them change for good. This week was super awesome, just like every week!

Martes we talked with Francia again and also met her brother. I'm pretty sad because no matter what we do she doesn't want to act on her faith. Faith really is an action and if we are not willing to act then nothing is ever going to happen. They know what they need to do and know that the gospel will bless their lives. As missionaries we are here to invite people to act and help them prepare to be baptized, but we can not obligate them to do anything. I pray that we have planted enough faith in them that they will accept the gospel one day. The Lord knows best and has plans for them.

Miercoles we had TRANSFERS!!!!! and guess what!!!!!! I'm still in Puerto Plata with Hermana Letinu. The Elders in our ward also stayed the same. There is someone here that needs my help and I am excited to find them and continue to work hard here in Puerto Plata. We woke up at 5am to say goodbye to the missionaries who were leaving and then we stayed with Hermana Walker who was waiting for her new companion. Then we went out with a member named Patria and she introduced us to her friend and her husband who we have started to teach and who have so much faith.

Jueves we started to teach another reference from a member in Santo Domingo who we met in the streets. His nieces and nephew live in our area and so we have started to teach them. They are 13,18 and 24 and I am so excited to teach them more. They are all super smart and are willing to learn. 

Viernes we finally got to teach Yermi and Vladimir again. They called us randomly and said that they were home and had time so we practically sprinted to their house even though we had other plans. Yermi is sooooo ready to be baptized and just needs to say yes! I have faith that this next week she will be able to set a date to be baptized.

Sabado was the baptism of the Gil family! The mom and 3 kids got baptized and have been actively engaged in the ward. The members love them and they love the gospel! I'm happy for them and was so happy to see this whole family accept the gospel and receive this happiness in their lives.



Domingo was a good day. Church was awesome. Christie is the cutest new member and the family Gil was welcomed so warmly by the members! I love the church! Then Christie asked if she could help us with our lessons. She was so excited to help us and would not stop talking about her mission in 4 years! 

We talked with Eddy as well. We talked about baptism and the plan of God and our purpose here on earth and then invited him to be baptized again. With enthusiasm he said ¨YES YES!!!! For sure! I don't have a doubt!¨  I am super excited for him! He is going to the Youth Conference and has just accepted the church with a open heart! Hermana Letinu and I called him our child. He is 16 and lives alone and is just perfect and so well behaved and I just want the best for this child! July 1st is going to be an awesome day!

Today we went up to teleferico the cable car again with the new people in our zone. It was pretty fun. I will never get sick of the view.

I found a quote that I want you all to remember and put into practice. ¨I realized that sometimes we have to sacrifice or give up the person we want to be or thought we should be in order to become the person the Lord needs us to be.¨  Trust in the Lord. He has a plan for us. Sometimes it isn't what we want, but it is what we need! Trust in him and follow HIS plan. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!









No comments:

Post a Comment