Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 58 Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic




Hello Family and Friends, 

This week was awesome like always! I love being a missionary and I love seeing how the gospel can bless the lives of everyone who accepts it. 

Lunes we had a great lesson with Michael and Christie! They are awesome and come to church and pray and everything. They are just missing the blessings of the Holy Ghost now! Christie is scared to be baptized just because she doesn't like commitments but we are working with her and I'm excited to see them both grow and gain the happiness that they need!

Martes we went out with Hermana Elsa Polanco again. We had a super awesome lesson with Modesto and have started to teach his daughter Vanessa as well. She is 25 years old and is studying English. It was fun and kind of hard as I tried to help her with her homework. School is going to be rough after the mission haha. We talked about baptism with Modesto and Vanessa and I was so grateful for Vanessa and her help in the lesson. She bore her testimony to her dad and it softened his heart. He accepted a date to be baptized and they both promised to go to church. 

We then passed my a less active family's house. The mom has a 20 year old sister who has a sickness that the doctors don't understand or know what it is. The doctors just told her to go home and sit in bed until she dies! I am so impressed with her and her family though. They did not take that as an answer. The less active member remembered the gospel and the priesthood in that moment and  reached out to the ward for help. The sister received a priesthood blessing and then they all met together to pray and fast! The family of the less active members aren't members and they all want to learn more about the gospel and have accepted to listen to us! I am happy and impressed with them in these times. They could blame God or be angry or sad but instead they are full of faith and hope and are looking for a better outcome with God involved.

Miercoles we had a super awesome lesson with our recent convert Pedro. Last Sunday he received the Priesthood and so we explained more about the priesthood power and about the responsibility and blessing that he has. I was able to think more about and share how the priesthood has helped me in my life. Yeah I don't hold the Priesthood but I am sooo blessed to have so many great priesthood holders in my life. Whether it was my dad when I was little and through out my life, or my brothers in my youth or my cousins, friends or other missionaries in college and on the mission. I'm grateful for them and for their help and for being worthy to hold this special Priesthood power. THANK YOU ALL. I could tell that Pedro is, and will be, a great Priesthood holder and will be able to bless the lives of his family and friends.

Viernes we left early to go teach Pedro and Francia. They always have such great questions and have such a desire to learn! We taught them about the plan of Salvation but ended up talking a lot about repentance and the Atonement. I am so amazed that every time we teach about the plan of salvation, there is something different that we focus on that helps the people who we are teaching. I continue to love the plan that our Heavenly Father has for us and I'm blessed to know my purpose.

Later that day we went to teach Yermi and Vladimir with two other members (another super cute couple). They both have served missions and so it was fun to see them testify and teach with such love and power. Yermi continues to be awesome and continues to have the desire to be baptized. 

Sabado one of the Elder's investigators got baptized! Edwin grew up in the church but was never baptized. Almost all of his family are members and are such a great support to him. Sunday we snuck into the class with the youth and saw him answering all the questions and setting such a great example for the other youth! 

Domingo was mothers day here and I ate sooooooo much chocolate and cake! Not very many members came because they were at their parent's houses to celebrate mothers day and the members who were at church who had children on missions all left early. Out of the 3 companionships in our district Hermana Letinu and I were the only ones with investigators at church and we only had one! It was tough but a good day.

We visited Eddy, who had fractured his foot playing soccer. We is doing better, just hopping around his house and studying.

Today we went to Hermana Elsas house again to celebrate Elder Dent's birthday. We played a lot of soccer and ate a lot of food🤗 On the way home we crammed eleven people in Hermana Elsa's jeep. They made me sit on the center console facing backward with my head sticking out of the sunroof! I was a little scared for my life but we made it home safe.

I loveeeee being a missionary and I loveeeeeee the gospel! I'm sooo blessed and soooo happy to be here serving the Lord! I hope you all at home are safe and happy! Pray, Read your scriptures, Repent and have faith! The Lord is real and he love us! I love you all too!

Hermana Bake


No comments:

Post a Comment